This year YATA Netherlands/Jonge Atlantici celebrates her 10th anniversary. To celebrate this and to convey our mission, we organize an evening programme on the 11th of May, at press centre ‘Nieuwspoort’, Lange Poten 10, The Hague. Because of our close cooperation in the field of transatlantic relations the past few years we would like to invite you and your entire board to this special occasion. Registration starts at 17.30h and we will close the evening with drinks around 20.00h. The theme of the evening will be: “The transatlantic relationship in 2017 and beyond: new perspectives and disruptive ideas”.
The Dutch Chief of Defence General Middendorp will give a keynote speech to start the evening. Afterwards, Dirk Jan van den Berg, chairman of the Netherlands Atlantic Association board will make a few remarks. After General Middendorp and Van den Berg’s talks we will discuss the future of the transatlantic bond with an expert panel that consists of young professionals. The theme will be Strength and Cooperation; the Future of the Transatlantic Bond. The evening will be hosted in English. Register at www.atlantischecommissie.nl or by sending an email to email@example.com!
Keynote: General Tom Middendorp (Dutch Chief of Defence)
Panel: Strength and Cooperation; the Future of the Transatlantic Bond
- Moderator: Dieuwertje Kuijpers (VU Amsterdam, The Post Online, Follow the Money)
- Anne Bakker (Research Fellow Clingendael Institute)
- Charlotte Brandsma (Program Officer Mediterranean Policy, The German Marshall Fund of the United States)
- Paul de Kuijer (Government Relations Analyst, Shell International)
- Jelle van Haaster (Lieutenant, Royal Netherlands Army and PhD-researcher Cyber Operations)